RACE RULES AND REGULATIONS PRISHTINA TRAIL MARATHON 2019
Prishtina Trail Marathon is a trail running race certified by ITRA (International Trail Running Association) and is organized by XTrailers running club based in Prishtina, Kosovo.
- GENERAL INFORMATION
Prishtina Trail Marathon race is one-day event that takes place on 26 May, 2019, along capital Prishtina’s Germia park in these distances:
- Prishtina Trail Marathon 42km – 2087 meters of accumulated elevation. Starting time: 09:00 hrs. Maximum time: 10 hours. Each finisher will be awarded 2 ITRA/UTMB qualification points;
- Prishtina Trail Half Marathon 21km – 880 meters of accumulated elevation. Starting time: 10:00 hrs. Maximum time: 5 hours. Each finisher will be awarded 1 ITRA/UTMB qualification points;
- Prishtina Trail Minimarathon 10km FUN-RUN – 350 meters of accumulated elevation. Starting time: 10:00 hrs. Maximum time: 2 hours.
- KIDS RACE 1 km – Starting time: 10:00 hrs.
- INFORMATION FOR THE PARTICIPANTS
To be completely aware of the length and the specificity of the race and to be perfectly prepared for it.
- To have acquired, prior to the race, a real capacity for self-sufficiency in the mountains which permits the management of problems induced by this type of course, and notably:
- To know how to face, without outside help, climatic conditions which can become very difficult due to the microclimate conditions (wind, cold, fog, night, rain or snow)
- To know how to manage, even if one finds oneself isolated, physical or mental problems arising from high fatigue, digestive problems, muscular or joint pain, minor ailments.
- To be fully aware, that it is not the role of the organization to help a runner to overcome these problems and that for such an activity in nature, security depends upon the capacity of the runner to adapt to the problems encountered, or envisaged.
These races are open to anyone, men or women, born in 2001 or before.
DECLARATION OF PERSONAL LIABILITY
Voluntary registration and then participating in any of the races in Prishtina Trail Marathon indicates that the competitor is familiar with these rules and agrees to fully accept the rules and regulations set forth herein.
The registration takes place only online on the website www.prishtinatrailmarathon.com by filling the online registration form for one of the races. After that, an automatically generated confirmation email will be sent to the e-mail address that is declared in your registration.
The registration will be considered as complete after a successful payment of the race fee, after that, again, an automatically generated confirmation email will be sent to the e-mail address that is declared in your registration; at the same time a unique start number is assigned to your name.
The registration will be open until 24.05.2019.
5.1. ENROLMENT FEE
MARATHON TRAIL 42k- 10 EUR + VAT
HALF MARATHON TRAIL 21k- 7 EUR + VAT
10K FUN-RUN – 5 EUR + VAT
- Authorized company for selling tickets is “ALT4C L.L.C.” (www.tick.apps).
5.2. IN THE REGISTRATION PROCESS THE FOLLOWING IS NOT PERMITTED
- Switching between races after you have been registered and payment had been confirmed, is not permitted.
- Transferring already paid registration for next year is not permitted.
- Participation with a start number assigned to another person is not permitted.
5.3. RACE BIB NUMBER PICK-UP
Race bib number pick-up time will be Saturday 25th May from 10am-17pm at Germia park amphitheater, the latest. It can be collected personally only by providing an ID card or a passport verification. A third person can pick-up another runner’s race bib number, only by bringing original (no photocopy) and signed authorization document.
- MANDATORY AND RECOMMENDED EQUIPMENT FOR COMPETITORS
Competitors are required to wear the MANDATORY equipment with them throughout the whole race. The organizer has the right to verify the mandatory equipment of the contestants on any control point (even unannounced) and if any of the contestants does not possess part of the equipment he/she will be disqualified from the race.
The equipment stated as RECOMMENDED by the organizer, it is not mandatory to possess during the race, but it is highly recommended by the organizer.
The organizer reserves the right to change or upgrade a list of mandatory equipment depending on the weather forecast and the conditions of the field. Participants will be notified in advance by the organizer before the start of the race.
The use of hiking sticks is allowed if the participant decides to use, he/she must have with him/her during the whole race.
- The race number: clearly visible
- Mobile phone: switched on at all times
- Water: Minimum 1 L in a convenient running bag
MANDATORY ONLY FOR 42km PARTICIPANTS
- Head Lamp
- Emergency Blanket
- First aid package
- Rain Jacket – Suitable for mountain conditions
- Hat, headscarf
- Sun cream
- Energy food or similar solid foods
- Hiking poles
- AUTONOMY DURING THE RACE
The term “autonomy” means the ability of a participant to depend on himself/herself in almost every part of the race. In addition to food and drinks, this also applies to clothing and equipment, making participants able to adapt to the environment (storm, night, injuries).
At the aid stations the participant can get food and water from the organizers of the race, but between these points, the participant should be able to rely on its equipment, food and drinks, preparedness and resilience. Because the races take place in nature and on the mountains, the competitors must have the experience to adapt to the conditions of nature, unexpected changes in weather conditions, rain, thunderstorms, meeting with animals.
The organizer will mark the track in an appropriate way; yet, competitors must have a minimum sense of orientation in nature.
- DROP OUT DURING RACE
In case a runner wants to drop out from the race (because of any reason), he/she must contact a race official at the nearest aid station and inform him/her in order to registered as such in the system, otherwise the Organizer will consider him/her as lost and will put out a search and rescue team for him/her.
- SAFETY AND MEDICAL ASSISTANCE
Medical assistance teams and Mountain Rescue teams will be provided along the routes in case of emergency. In case of injury or other necessity, competitors will have to call the SOS phone of provided by the organizer on the Bib-number. If they are in area which is not covered by phone signal, they will have to convey the message to the nearest next checkpoint – so that actions can be taken as soon as possible.
Each runner is obliged to stop his/her race and to be actively involved in the assistance and rescue of other injured runners.
- DECLARATION OF PERSONAL LIABILITY
By submitting the registration form, each competitor confirms that it is aware of the dangers of competition in nature and takes the risk by themselves. The organizer will do its best to reduce the risks. However, we kindly ask the competitors to follow our advice and recommendations.
- We recommend that every contestant has a liability insurance which would cover the expenses in case of personal harm during sport activities in nature.
- We advise all competitors regularly to monitor their health status and also, recommend a stress test before the competition to determine the level of fitness/stamina for this type of sport which requires high level of endurance.
In order to preserve the safety and health of competitors, regulators and medical teams checkpoints have the right to stop the race and exclude those competitors who have been assessed that are no longer able to continue the race. In any event, competitors are required to follow instructions from controllers and medical teams. Any violation of these guidelines will lead to the disqualification of a competitor, and if he/she decides to continue at all costs, the organizer assumes no responsibility for possible side effects.
Each competitor that has any disease or medical condition is advised to consult a specialist for permission to participate in the races, and their doctor must notify the organizer of the race.
- CONTROL POINTS AND AID STATIONS
Control points are the places where the competitor’s arrival time is recorded – the same is done by one of the volunteers. Participants must pass every control point on the race. Anyone who does not pass at one of the checkpoints will be disqualified from the race (emphasized in the section DISQUALIFICATION AND PENALTIES).
Some of the checkpoints are also refreshment points where runners (with BIB numbers) will have the opportunity to get food (fruit, sweet things, salt, etc.), water and other refreshments.
- DROP BAG
Each participant in the Prishtina Trail Marathon race will be provided with a drop bag (provided from the organizer), together with the participants’ most needed items can be left before the start at Germia park amphitheater and the bags will be available for the runners at the finish of the race.
At the end of the race, competitors will be able to raise their drop-bags from the finish line only by showing their BIB number.
If no one appears to pick up the bag within 7 days after the end of the race, it will be subject to destruction due to hygienic reasons.
- ROUTE MARKING
Red and white stripes are the official markings for the Prishtina Trail Marathon races and they will be placed at appropriate distance so that competitors won’t have no major problems with orientation.
Use of GPS navigation is allowed and recommended – race tracks available at the official website www.prishtinatrailmarathon.com- so the contestants will have extra security in orientation. However, GPS track is approximate orientation.
If any of the contestants continue in part that no visible delimitation, it is MANDATORY TO return to the last point where there is one.
- CATEGORIES AND RANKING
All registered competitors for the two races of the edition PRISHTINA TRAIL MARATHON will be classified into the following adult and gender categories:
- Seniors – (18-50) years – Men (M);
- Seniors – (18-50) years – Women (F);
The final ranking of the participants is in the general rank, category Men (M) and category Women (F).
- PHOTO COPYRIGHT
By accepting these regulations each competitor relinquishes their claim to photographic copyright over the official photographs of the event. All official photos of the event are the property of the organizer and they must not be used, exploited and taken without prior approval. The organizer has the right to use these photos for their needs.
- ENVIRONMENTAL RESPONSIBILITY
Prishtina Trail Marathon 2019 will be environmentally responsible event. It appeals to all competitors, volunteers and the public, to be extremely careful and not to pollute the environment.
There will be NO disposable plastic cups provided at aid stations. Each participant is required to bring his/her own rubber/plastic cup or bottle for drinking at aid stations.
Anyone who will be caught polluting the nature will be disqualified. Competitors must carry the trash with them and leave it at the next control point at the specified bags for waste. Let’s try our best to be an example for others and to contribute our nature to remain clean and unpolluted – for us and for future generations.
- DISQUALIFICATION AND PENALTIES
The organizer has the right to disqualify the competitor in the following situations:
- The competitor is not registered at one or more control points;
- Makes shortcuts during the race;
- Uses transport during the race
- The competitor opposes the checks by the organizer during the race;
- Does not possess the mandatory equipment or refuses to show it for eventual check by the volunteers;
- Fails to comply with the order of an o cial person – controller, medical assistance, organization.
- Is spotted littering the track;
- If it does not help a competitor who needs help.
Runners may leave complaints not more than 48 hours after the decision for penalty and/or disqualification is made by race organizers. The complaint will be take into consideration by the Commission for complaints (compromised of at least 3 members of the Organizing committee) and adequate answer will be provided to the concerned runner/s as soon as possible.
19.MAKING CHANGES IN THE ROUTE AND CANCELLATION OF THE RACE
The organizer reserves the right to modify and change the race route, control points and the time of start at any time due to objective reasons.
If any undesirable weather (possibility of thunderstorms and storm) and adverse consequences due to bad weather are possible, the organizer reserves the right to make changes at any part of the rout or cancel the race.
The start of the race can also be moved for several hours due to undesirable weather conditions, including the forecast of high temperatures.